What services do you provide?
Financial assistance to seniors aged 65+ who meet financial criteria to help with, but not limited to:
- purchasing physician ordered medications
- transportation services
- in home support services
- purchasing food, clothing, and or personal care items
- in home modifications and supplies. Assistance with accessing the services available in Frederick Countyc. Assistance for caregivers providing care to a person aged 65+
Who is eligible for your services?
- Frederick County, MD residents, aged 65+ whose income does not exceed $2100/month for an individual or $3000 for a couple
- Family members or others providing care for someone 65+
How can I get an application for assistance?
- You can complete one from our website, www.soarfrederick.org
- Email your request for an application to email@example.com
How do you determine who will receive assistance?
- Meeting criteria established in #2 (above)
- Availability of funds
How do I know this is a reputable charity?
- We are registered with the IRS and are approved to do business as a non-profit organization, Federal Tax ID# 46-3716967. All proceeds remain in Frederick, County MD.
How can I support your work?
- Make a financial contribution on our website
- Consider becoming a partner organization or business
- Become a volunteer
- Tell one person you know about SOAR and our mission, and ask them to tell one person, it helps get our message out in the community.
How can I volunteer my time?
- Administrative help is needed
- Committee work for fundraisers and events
- Tell us about your skills by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
What does it take to become a partner organization with SOAR?
- Anyone can partner with SOAR who wishes to make a difference in the life of an older adult
How can I make a monetary donation?
- Our website has a donation tab and you can pay via PayPal
- Mail a check to SOAR, P.O. Box 1603, Frederick, MD 21702
- United Way campaign offers donors the choice of their non-profit – write in SOAR along with our address.
When did this organization begin?
- SOAR began in September of 2013, through a desire to make a difference in the lives of older adults who are having challenges meeting their basic needs. These challenges may be financial, may be access to needed resources, and may be education as to what is available to older adults, their families, and caregivers, to help ease those burdens. The members of the Board of Directors for SOAR are volunteers, there are no paid staff and we have minimal expenses.
For any other questions email us at email@example.com