SOAR, Supporting Older Adults through Resources, Inc. is an ALL VOLUNTEER organization. We formed our board in September of 2013, through a desire to make a difference in the lives of older adults who are having challenges meeting their basic needs. We began accepting applications for assistance in March 2015. These challenges may be financial, may be access to needed resources, and may be education as to what is available to older adults, their families, and caregivers, to help ease those burdens.
As of October 2018, SOAR and our partners have assisted our Frederick County seniors with over $222,000 of services.
Many older adults who have served our country, communities, and families in countless ways now struggle to meet their basic needs. Through the efforts of SOAR we pledge to help alleviate those burdens.
The founding members of SOAR collectively have over 80 years experience working on behalf of older adults, their families and caregivers, and all share a passion for making a difference in the lives of our most vulnerable older adults.
• Raise awareness as to the plight of older adults
• Raise necessary funds through events, sponsorship’s, donations and grants
• Establish partnerships with businesses
• Bridge the gap for access to needed services
• Recruit and maintain a pool of volunteers
Call to Action
• Tell one person you know about our organization and its mission and ask them to tell one person. This helps spread the word about who we are and how we can help.
• Support our events, mail campaigns, business partnership opportunities, make a donation or consider volunteering
• Together we can make a difference in the lives of our vulnerable older adults.
Supporting Older Adults Through Resources, Inc.is a registered 501 (c) 3 not-for-profit organization.
Federal Tax ID #46-3716967