Who We Are
SOAR, Supporting Older Adults through Resources, Inc. is a registered 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization. We formed our board in September 2013 through a desire to make a difference in the lives of older adults who are having challenges meeting their basic needs. We began accepting applications for assistance in March 2015. Challenges may include financial needs or access to other resources for older adults, their families and caregivers.
As of October 2018, SOAR and our partners have assisted Frederick County seniors with over $222,000 of services.
The founding members of SOAR collectively have over 80 years experience working on behalf of older adults, their families and caregivers. We all share a passion for making a difference in the lives of vulnerable older adults in Frederick County.
- Raise awareness as to the plight of older adults
- Raise necessary funds through events, sponsorship’s, donations and grants
- Establish partnerships with businesses
- Bridge the gap for access to needed services
- Recruit and maintain a pool of volunteers
Call to Action
- Tell one person you know about our organization and its mission and ask them to tell one person. This helps spread the word about who we are and how we can help.
- Support our events, mail campaigns, business partnership opportunities, make a donation or consider volunteering
- Together we can make a difference in the lives of our vulnerable older adults.